- Art & Claire, Marc and Mike participated in the Maryland State Fair beer competition. Full list of results can be found here.
- MaGerks craft beer festival is on 9/21.
- Alecraft homebrew competition will take place on 10/5. Details can be found here.
- The Friendship Festival will take place on 9/28. Details are here. Our club will have a tent and we will serve our own beers all day long.
- Honeygo Liquor will have their Beerfest 2019 on 10/5. More details here.
- Tasting glasses were discussed again.
- The Christmas beer will be again brewed at George H. place, on 10/13 (Sunday). We have decided to do a gingerbread porter or a brown. More details to follow.
- The guild September 2019 meeting minutes can be found here.
- Discussions about the September 2020 style ended up with us picking up a family of yeast to brew with. Kveik yeast was the selection.
- Learn to Homebrew day is coming up (11/2). More details can be found here.
- The Hop2Grapes festival is on Oct 19th. Details here.
- We had $912 in our checking account at the end of August and the total number of club members was 27.
- Gregg discussed plate chillers (and all other types). Very informative.
- Myke visited UK and he recommended Mighty Medicine for anyone who might be in that area at some point.
- Art went to Colorado and had a good experience at Jagged Mountain, Black Project and Great Divide.
- Joe K. went to Vegas and recommends Sin City and Tenaya Creek.
Style of the Month
- The style for this month was Bock.
- Ken brought commercial bocks for us to sample. We had Aynger Celebrator, Duck-Rabbator Dopplebock and Einbecker Mai-Ur-Bock.
- Gregg brought homebrewed DoubleBock and a 10 year old TripleBock.
- Ken also shared his Stumbling Goat Maibock.
- Dave H. brought Troegenator Doublebock and Vitus.
- Adi & Linda shared Shiner Bock.
- Marc brought a Heller Bock.
- Kelly brought his homemade Belgian Triple, I Triple It.
- Chris G. shared a Blackberry Wheat.
- Joe K. brought a Chocolate Peanut Butter Milk Stout.
- Ben M. shared an Indian Brown.