- June meeting was held at Inverness, a decent number of people showed up, good beer, good company.
- Marc and Mike went to the RI homebrew con, lots of interesting things one of them was a no hop beer variant.
- We need to get a club banner for the Friendship festival.
- Last guild meeting notes can be found here.
- We should start thinking about the Christmas beer style and details on where/when to brew it.
- Alecraft is hosting another homebrew competition on October 5th. Details can be found here.
- We discussed picking a new name/logo for the club as we’re trying to keep up with the times and the old ones are just too long/hard to remember.
- Ken pitched the idea of having a club tasting glass that can be given at joining (it will also be provided for existing members).
- We have $958.13 in checking plus whatever we made tonight from the auction.
- Next July style is kettle sour
- George/Adi spoke with Eryn from Alecraft in regard to hosting one of the upcoming club meetings/socials at Alecraft.
- Linda/Adi/Ken/Laurie went to BC Brewing. Self pours, hefe was not good that day.
- Ken went to Jolly Pumpkin and Shorts Brewing while visiting Michigan.
- George B. went to Ashville, a lot of good breweries and good beers were mentioned.
- George B. also suggested that Art should go to Jagged Mountain Brewery while he’s in Denver.
- The style for this month was Brut IPA.
- We sampled some great commercial beers (courtesy of our VP Ken). We had Brut Extra Dry from Anderson Valley, BrutAle Dripa from Evo, and Brut IPA from Sierra Nevada.
- Linda/Adi shared their dark lager, In Absence of Light and their brut, BRUTus IPA.
- Claire/Art shared their brut, Sun Bear clocking at 6.8% ABV.
- Steve J. shared his 1215 IPA and also an amazing bottle of Rove.
- Kelly brought his brut IPA, I Brut It, coming in at 8.9% ABV.
- Steve S. shared his Tangerine IPA with us. It was a 5% ABV beer.
- Ken brought his Viking Warrior Brut clocking in at 6.3% ABV.
- Marc shared his Bad Ass Brut, a 7.7% ABV beer.
- Greg K. shared a commercial brut, Sparkler by Sixpoint Brewery.
- Dave also shared a commercial IPA, Inspired by That Same French Excellence from Crooked Run.